Subject: [Leica] M3 purchase
From: creativevisions at verizon.net (Michael J Herring)
Date: Wed Apr 6 18:43:52 2005

Do you think the wind is smoother on the M3 film advance?
I remember when I bought my first Canon F1 in 1971. It had the smoothest
wind mechanism of any SLR at that time.
I believe the Popular photography lab examined one and stated -
"The gear teeth are made from polished brass".
Perhaps this is what they used in the M3?
Most Leica owners tell me they prefer the M3 winding mechanism to the
M4p thru M7.

Thanks,
Mike

--