Subject: [Leica] Re: Workplace camera policies
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Mar 26 19:12:17 2005

Eric offered:

> Peter said::
>
>>Now it looks like *all* cameras not owned by the company are going
>>to be banned from our entire office space.  We know that this includes
>>cellphones with cameras and digital cameras.  I don't know if it includes
>>film cameras because the directive isn't in writing yet.

Eric responded:

>As long as nobody knows you have a camera in the building, then I'd say no
> harm, no foul.  I'm guessing the point of the policy is they don't want
> people taking pictures inside.  Keep it concealed, and it should be fine.
> Always easier to ask forgiveness than permission.  :)<<<,

Eric,
Maybe in ancient times asking forgiveness might have worked!  Today? Not on
your life!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly when Peter knows of the ruling! Hell he could be out of there
faster than you can blink your eyes twice! And keeping it concealed is akin
to being guilty even if it were an empty camera! That my friend is major bad
advice if I ever saw it! Given the times and the company ruling!

Peter,
trunk of car, receptionist or don't take it with you period! Or take a
junker and leave it in the trunk!

ted

Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Workplace camera policies)