Subject: [Leica] Photos updated...
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Thu Mar 24 11:15:55 2005

B.D.
If Ken were to do this it would result in a very different, and I
would argue, less interesting set of photos.  Part of the reason his
current set of pictures works the way it does is because he is
familiar and respected amongst the people he photographs and they are
so used to his camera that they ignore him.  If he were to go
elsewhere he would be a stranger which would result in a more
defensive response to his pointing a camera in the faces of the people
there!

I am the "regular" photographer at my church and the people there are
so used to me now that they generally ignore me too.  That gives me
much greater scope for natural and candid photos than I would get
otherwise.

Simon.