Subject: [Leica] Should Leica sell direct to customers?
From: driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett)
Date: Mon Mar 14 17:37:26 2005

Rick,
        This model may hit everybody in the manufacturing industry.. Look at
the amazon and online christmas buying of the last three seasons. There
  is one caveat though.  If I am going to spend a chunk of money on
anything I want to try it out first!  I did this with the purchase of
the Epson R-D1.  I read the so-so reviews and nobody had it local to
me. I had to drive to SF (40 minute drive no rush hour) to try it out.
Boy, once I did I fell in love with it more so that the Leica m7.  What
we really need is show case stores in every city where you can go out
and try out the merchandise before buying it online. Gateway did this
with out much success because once people were in the store they wanted
to have it now not in 3 - 5 days. I plead with manufactures please keep
a knowledgeable store or showcase store within driving distance. A
place where I can go and ask questions and do the touchy feely to new
gear.
Thanks,
Chris