Subject: [Leica] DMR wins award
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Mon Mar 7 17:53:30 2005

Dan,
Regarding the competition with the Minolta, there were none.  Olympus
did not compete this year.  If you recall, last year their E-1 got beat
by the Digilux 2.  Canon just does not play and this year neither did
Nikon.  Downstream camera categories were frequently won by unknown
makers as the larger players just do not want to compete.  This year HP
won a lot of categories, but without Canon, Nikon, Sony, Minolta, or
Panasonic competitors; I do not know what winning means.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com