Subject: [Leica] Green cast Jammers
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sun Mar 6 09:06:37 2005

Hello all,
I contacted Daniel after I had run through a series of tests and he
suggested I
should post this series "in public".

As is my wont, I've been scouring the web for free stuff again.
I found a couple or three plug-ins or freebies which (quite often) work very
well for me. When I saw the green faced jammers I thought "maybe this will
work".
I've posted the original and a couple of variations here :

http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/DSC_0828
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Daniels_Jam_CCFX
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Daniels_jam_DCE
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Daniels_Jam_both
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Daniels_jam_DCE_BW

I'm still looking into the green light and may try some other settings, the
singer still looks like The Incredible Hulk's little brother

The processing is with ColorcastFX and DCEnhancer (demo versions, stand
alone)
both from www.mediachance.com.

BTW this is a before and after on one of my shots :
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/BP_copy  with a pronounced blue cast
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Blue_peter_copy  after ColorCastFX

Also, from, www.photo-plugins.com, a BW converter where you can change the
levels of a whole gamut of colours, gamma, grain and choose the
characteristics
for quite a few types of BW film. All three work pretty effectively straight
"out of the box". CCFX  has only two sliders, CC and gamma. DCE has noise
reduction, sharpening, mid-tones, colour and balance. The free, demo,
versions
have one or two drawbacks : File saving is not automatic (you have to
remember
which file you used and then save it under another name, there is NO
"overwrite
warning", CCFX tends to blow out the whites if you run it on landscapes.
The full,purchase, versions can be plugged in.

BW conversion is free, and is running on my machine as a plug-in in both
PS-Elements 3 and Arc Soft Photostudio 5.5, I haven't had it long so I can't
yet
say how versatile it is, or what all the sliders do, but it looks very
promising
so far.
I was particularly impressed by the noise reduction in DCE and the subtle
sharpening option.
Anyone else got any good ideas?

Bye for now
Douglas