Subject: [Leica] Sad steamer in a car park
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Mar 5 17:22:52 2005

I was in Braunschweig, where the Rolleis come from, yesterday.
When you get off the train at the Hauptbahnhof it is probably the most
uninviting city imaginable. At least for me it does have two redeeming
features,
an excellent coffee shop and a steam locomotive.

http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80663.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80664.html
http://www.leica-gallery.net/dm-sharp/image-80665.html

One of the more powerful - 2350HP - locomotives used by the Reichsbahn from
1937- 1945 and , later, by the Bundesbahn until the late 70's.
Unfortunately in a sorry state on the edge of a carpark (quite a few pieces
are
missing too 9suffering from weathering and probably beyond repair, but still
an
impressive piece of engineering - the drive wheels are 2 meters in diameter!
Hope you like it anyway
cheers
Douglas
BTW Canon 20D + Leica Summicron-R 2/35