Subject: [Leica] Multiple Bodies
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Wed Mar 2 13:57:57 2005

Bunting, Roger L (Roger) wrote:
> I wondering if those folks interested in using multiple bodies would chime
> in with
>
> Do you have multiple M-bodies?
>
> Do use two or more M-bodies to complement (lens, film, .... ) choice on
> the same shoot?
>
> Working from the strap or bag? Do you use them as a primary/backup? Both
> active at once?
>
> The questions are to prompt discussion. I don't have a second body but
> often would like to have two lenses active at the same time. Seems like a
> luxury and really don't know about it's practicality, but keep coming back
> to that idea. I have always worked out of a bag, but as I carry my M more,
> the desire to be more spontaneous is changing my bag-it mentality. So two
> bodies, in concurrent action, may be a stretch for me right now.
>
> Just curious,
>
> Regards,
> Roger

Hi Roger,

Multiple bodies are very convenient for all the reasons you already state.
I use them mostly for two types of film. On an assignment I might use
the same film with two lenses to be faster. For critical work like
weddings a second body is a must to have as a backup but also to avoid
changing film during critical moments.
I wouldn't have two bodies with different turning speed dials. My
shooting is so automated by now that this would get me out of concentration.
Bodies are not so expensive at the moment if you watch out for an user
body. I'd say go for it, use it as you like, enjoy it and never look back.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Multiple Bodies)