Subject: [Leica] WAS: Favourite Lens NOW: 21mm etc on R-D1
From: simonpj at mac.com (Simon P-J)
Date: Wed Mar 2 04:52:43 2005

Hi Mikiro,

How is the vignetting of the Dual 21-35mm M-Hexanon on the R-D1? I'd like to
find the best 21mm alternative to the costly 21mm Elmarit Asph for the R-D1.
Of the wides that I have used, I have found that the Canon 19/3.5 RF lens
vignets excessively, and the Ricoh 28/2.8 is usable but also suffers from
noticeable vignetting. Clearly the specifics of a given lens design have a
strong effect on vignetting with the R-D1.

And what of the 50mm Planar? How do you find it compares to the Leica 50's?

Best regards,

Simon.