Subject: [Leica] Re: Help with studio lighting: PAW 7
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Feb 13 08:24:31 2005

Alastair:

>Lighting pearls was harder than I had expected. Those shiny
>surfaces bounce light everywhere

I'd look at using a light tent or something similar to help control the
lighting.  You're not really photographing the pearls as much as you are
photographing what they reflect.  A tent might help control some of the
specular highlights.  And make them more neutral, too.

Something to play with would be to add some kind of object that would show
up in the reflections.  That can be fun, too.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Re: Help with studio lighting: PAW 7)