Subject: [Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux?
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Thu Feb 10 17:18:52 2005

For many years I have not use the shade on my 35/1.4A. I noticed in
video of DAH (NG photog) working that he also did not use a use the
shade. I figured if he was happy with the results I should give it a
try. I did and it is a very flare proof piece of glass.

Without the shade the 35/1.4A is very compact. Give it  a try, you
might like it.

John Collier

PS I do use a cap and the not the near useless Leica one. A cap from a
E46 cap from a Contax G series lens fits much better. Still not as good
as the E55 Canon caps I use on my 24A and 90A -- you couldn't knock
them off with a hammer -- but not too bad.