Subject: [Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux?
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Thu Feb 10 16:20:28 2005

Carl,

Frank's summary was pretty good. Perhaps you are also overlooking another
option to round off your kit?

Personally, I love the fingerprint of the 35 Lux ASPH, but it just blocks
too much of the viewfinder to make a compact package with an M and what I
consider to be my "normal" lens. If I want to block my viewfinder, I use a
28/f2 ASPH which is Leica's modern answer to the 35mm traditional
documentary lens. On all counts it does not disappoint, is one of the
finest Leica lenses, has a wonderful warm fingerprint and is optically
superior to both the 35 Lux ASPH and the 35/2 ASPH.

If you want to stick with 35mm, I've got a perfect new black spare which is
surplus to demand because I'm using the LHSA chrome version mainly on my
chrome MP .58. You are welcome to it for $1,250 U.S., complete with box and
case, etc. This lens is capable of the highest image quality in most
circumstances, but it is not perfect. In bright light combined with
conditions of high humidity it can vignette. Can't say if the 35 Lux ASPH
does because I've never owned one..., but the 28/2 ASPH is no larger than
the Lux ASPH and most certainly does not.

Best,

William

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux?)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux?)