Subject: [Leica] Critique & comments:
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 6 21:19:39 2005

Tina Manley offered:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Critique & comments:

Nathan said:
>I admire people like Ted who actually take the time to comment
>(constructively) on many more images than I do.<<<<

Hi Tina & Nathan,
Thank you both very much. I'm humbled by your kindness.

Let me say, when I do a critique at the Leica Seminar I never know who's
pictures they are on the screen. However, once in awhile in the back of my
mind I get this shiver the comments I'm making maybe about a Tina Manley,
Don Dory or other professional's pictures.

Then you put the feelings aside and speak the truth in exactly how you see
the photograph. But you never do it to embarrass, hurt feelings ( that may
occur due to the person's ability to accept or not accept criticism) not the
result of a hurting comment. And you always have a way to make it a better
photograph if it's necessary. And that is the answer to teaching a person to
become a better photographer!

Because nobody learns anything from... "what the hell were you thinking when
you shot this?" However, in all honesty that's exactly what you want to say
sometimes! ;-)

Thanks again Tina and Nathan, very much appreciated.
ted

Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Critique & comments:)
Message from nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Critique & comments:)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Critique & comments:)