Subject: [Leica] PAW 4 dlridings
From: pmcc_2000 at yahoo.com (PMCC)
Date: Mon Jan 31 12:59:46 2005

All,

I'm getting in a bit late on this, but
FWIW, you may be talking about a European
tree pruning technique called pollarding:

http://www.canoe.ca/HGGardening0201/14_pollarding-ap.html

I have a row of plane trees in front of my
house and a Basque gardener who came with the house
ages ago. Every winter he cuts the trees back
in this fashion, resulting in the characteristic
clubbed look.

Daniel, this batch of photos is terrific.  It's
a pleasure to share a slice of your life through
your superb photographs of place, family and friends.

Peter Choy.

--- Philippe Orlent <philippe.orlent@pandora.be>