Subject: [Leica] Re: IIIf and Low-light conditions
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Jan 30 08:53:24 2005

Three suggestions -
. Fast film -as Peter suggest, a 400 iso C41 b&w film or one of the fast
color negative films - or, Tri-X and push it to 800 or 1200;
. A reasonably fast lens - I'd suggest the Canon 50 1.8 Serenar screw
mount (which I began with on a IIIc a million years ago, or better yet,
take a look at the Cosina/"Voigtlander" 50 1.5 Nokton - a lens on a par
with the last pre-aspherical version of the Leica Summilux 50 for only
$450 new and allot less than that used;
. Don't drink allot of coffee before you go shooting handheld at low
shutter speeds. ;-)