Subject: [Leica] M3 Movie sighting and stupid movie moment...
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Jan 30 16:23:49 2005

So I'm sitting here checking Email and half-watching the 1989 movie
"Heart of Dixie," staring Ally Sheedy as a college student in 1957
Alabama who works for the college paper and takes a stand against racism
- riiiiiigh. :-) Anyway, Ally's character seems to be attracted to
someone - a prof? (I came in late) played by Treat Williams, who runs
around shooting things with an M3. So Ally and Treat are at an Elvis
concern on campus and police beat a black many standing in the back.
Treat photographs this outrage, and Ally comes to his house while he's
just pulling the prints out of the stop bath. Ally is moved to tears by
the photos - clinches with, but doesn't kiss, Treat by the safe light,
and then starts to leave the house. He follows her, and gives her a few
prints presumably dripping fixer - which she clasps to her shirtwaist
bosom! God, but I love Hollywood verisimilitude! :-)