Subject: [Leica] Tri X is for kids!
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat Jan 29 15:13:33 2005

I was checking out
TWENTIETH CENTURY TIMELINE EDIBLES & QUAFFABLES
http://www.geocities.com/foodedge/timeline.htm

And I was looking through the 50's, one of my more nostalgic decades.
1952, fish sticks
1952, Kellogg's Frosted Flakes
1952, Saran Wrap
1954, M&M's Peanut Candies  (my favorite for the movies)
1954, Reddi-wip
1954, Trix

When I came to "1954, Trix" my eyes and brain played a trick on me and I saw
and thought "Tri X" film. Like it was a mis-print.

I thought I remembered like it was yesterday when the breakfast cereal
"Trix" came out on our little round black and white TV with the big bunny
sitting at the kitchen table.
"Trix is for kids!"
Which is always my reply when someone says "How's Trix?" to me.

But I wondered if the "1954" was part of it.
So I checked

1954 - KODAK TRI-X Film, a high-speed black-and-white film, was introduced.
? Texas Eastman constructed a new plant to produce EASTMAN TENITE
polyethylene plastic. ? Kodak Brasileira began operating a sensitizing plant
in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/kodakHistory/1930_1959.shtml

Which of course happened at the same time as
1954, M&M's Peanut Candies  (my favorite for the movies)
1954, Reddi-wip
1954, Trix

SO TRIX AND TRI X BOTH CAME OUT AT THE SAME TIME!

That's enough to tear a hole into the next dimension!
Kind of puts a shiver down your spine doesn't it!?
Heck I believe in all that stuff now!

Beam me up I'm ready.

Mark Rabiner
Photography