Subject: [Leica] Screw Mount Lenses
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Wed Jan 26 14:41:56 2005

The early 50mm Elmar's did not have serial numbers. The number may be on the
front brass ring of the lens in very small numbers, if not you have an early
30's Elmar. With a production run of 30 years, the Elmar had numerous
changes.

The lens can be used on an enlarger with the VALOO hood. The hood has
f-stops in white letters on the outside ring. It connects to the Elmar's
aperture ring. Easy to view the apertures.

Chris