Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW3
From: firkin at balhpl01.ncable.net.au (firkin)
Date: Thu Jan 20 18:34:17 2005

Shoot smokers! Well, I suppose the success of the mission was assured when
enough people lit up, but why shoot smokers? Smoking is becoming almost as
secretive in our society as that other personal pleasure which sends you
blind, and smokers are becoming as welcome as DT's on a deeply soled shoe,
so when I went to the PAW, I went looking for images which told this
changing story. The 4 images are nice tight portraits of individuals and one
couple, who in France might be able to sue you for intrusion of privacy.
Perhaps its the photographers who are becoming unwanted in society!!. The
tight portraits did not give an impression of "guilt" or "isolation", so I
came down to my favorite being the couple, whose interaction is quite
charming.