Subject: [Leica] PAW3
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Jan 20 17:22:00 2005

The assignment was to shoot smokers. So after quite a bit of thought, I
decided to leave my Glock home and took cameras instead. ;-) The
location was the Port Authority bus terminal in Manhattan. And I
discovered how difficult it can be to shoot in post-9.11 America - I was
hassled by a PA cab dispatcher, a lone cop, and a pair of cops - all of
whom warned me that it's illegal to photograph the bus terminal, or
shoot in the direction of the bus terminal. In their defense, all were
exceedingly polite, and when I suggested that I point outwards from the
terminal, all left me alone. But obviously it didn't dawn on any of them
- or the morons who give them their orders, that it's far more likely
that one of the countless suitcases being wheeled through the unguarded
doors will contain enough high explosives to kill hundreds and perhaps
take down the building, than it is that someone photographing the
building poses a threat.

But that aside - PAW3 and three alternates are at
http://gallery.leica-users.org/B-D-COLEN-PAW

Comments, critiques, etc.....welcome...