Subject: [Leica] Elmar 50mm f2.8 thoughts/opinions
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sun Jan 16 09:08:24 2005

In my case I'm quite happy with my M3. Especially now that its been
reset to focus to the 0.7m range of the Elmar-M.
I'm much more interested about getting the M3 painted in black enamel,
but without having to deal with sending the camera overseas.
However, an Elmar-M and an Elmar-C  would be be a very nice kit.
Coupled with a new Summaron, let's say a 25mm, would make it a real
working system, in my opinion.
I've seen a photo of a IIf with a bayonet mount, with a chrome 35mm
'lux on it, in Classic Camera, issue 21, February 2002. The other
matching lens for the body was an Elmar f2.8. It certainly shows that
this might be another option.
I can't any reason why Leica won't do those kind of conversions. Even
at $300-$500, it just might worth it.
S. Dimitrov