Subject: [Leica] r3 shutter is stuck?
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed Jan 12 04:37:21 2005

Sorry for the bad first impression.

The R3 was one of Leica's first forays into electronic cameras, and they
were buggy (poor reliability).

Is the mirror up or down?  From your description, the camera never
fired.

Did it cock properly?

Is there a body cap or lens on it, with a body cap?  Sometime aperture
priority cameras fire with no light reaching the light sensor, so the
shutter speed is "infinite", ie. opens forever.

Is the battery fresh?  Try changing it.

Short of finding someone who will attempt a repair, I don't know of a
way to get the camera working.  I don't even know if Leitz New Jersey
would attempt a repair; it's such an old camera.

Sorry.

Vick