Subject: [Leica] PAW 2/2005: the birth of a rainbow
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Jan 11 07:31:19 2005

Philippe - Nice shot.  I like the way the shadow and sunlit portions
of the picture lead  your eye to the rainbow.  I tried tighter
cropping on the crane to eliminate the cobblestone dock.  That made
the rainbow more prominent, but that may not have been the effect you
were looking for.

Rainbows are great subjects.  One of the greatest pictures I *never*
took was of a perfect double rainbow (two complete semicircles, with
the hint of a third) over the plains of Colorado as I was driving
towards the mountains just as the sun was setting.  I spotted it in
my rear-view mirror as I crested a hill but this was a business trip,
I had two associates in my car who would have not tolerated a stop,
and the Leica stayed in my briefcase.  C'est la vie.