Subject: [Leica] subway photography - London
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli di Giorgio)
Date: Sat Jan 8 18:56:01 2005

On Jan 8, 2005, at 12:17 PM, Peter Dzwig wrote:

> A few years back there were notices around on the Tube saying that
> flash photography interfered was banned for reasons of security. It
> appears that the flash can damage the closed circuit TV cameras that
> are all over the place. It appears to have little to do with rights
> per se.

Interesting. I wonder if those were tube cameras. When I was in high
school my TV class teacher threatened to de-bone
anyone like chicken, who pointed a studio camera directly at one of the
hot lights. Tube cameras are sensitive to very
bright lights,  CCD based systems are a lot more rugged.

> The logo is of course copyrighted - as are many other LT (TfL if you
> must)_ items, such as the famous map. The aim here however is clearly
> to protect revenues.
>
> So, if somone doesn't have a tunesign logo tattooed on their forehead
> you are probably OK ;-)

You can always dodge and burn....
8-)

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                    2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] subway photography - London)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] subway photography - London)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] subway photography - London)