Subject: [Leica] subway photography - London
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sat Jan 8 12:14:11 2005

A few years back there were notices around on the Tube saying that flash
photography interfered was banned for reasons of security. It appears that
the
flash can damage the closed circuit TV cameras that are all over the place.
It
appears to have little to do with rights per se.

The logo is of course copyrighted - as are many other LT (TfL if you must)_
items, such as the famous map. The aim here however is clearly to protect
revenues.

So, if somone doesn't have a tunesign logo tattooed on their forehead you
are
probably OK ;-)

Peter Dzwig

PS I've never heard of the National Trust restriction, but am not entirely
suprised. But that raises a point - are they seriously claiming rights over
this
photo:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Dorset2004/StudlandHeath2004

which was taken on and over NT Land?? Ho hum