Subject: [Leica] Re: American Robin
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Fri Jan 7 18:33:08 2005

This could be dangerous.

Seeing other peoples photos can be inspirational.  I know I've felt
this with Doug's photos and with some of the others shown here.
Particularly as he is one of the few who does it with manual focus
Leicas, often hand-held.  Takes skill that.

Dangerous?  Well, inspiration might cause one to drop everything and
head out into the woods at each opportunity, losing contact with normal
people like ones wife and kids.  A few good shots might result and
strangely, they'll be worth the time and effort.  Or it could go the
other way.  Head over to http://www.naturephotographers.net/ , where
there is an incredible array of nature photos taken by folk from all
over the world on a daily basis.  Seeing such a display of beauty and
skill and effort could cause temporary inspirational implosion - from
realising that shots like these are out of reach.  But soon the desire
to get out there builds up again.

The avian gallery is a favorite place.  Wow!
http://www.naturephotographers.net/imagecritique/ic.cgi?a=vg1

Rick.