Subject: [Leica] BESSA R3A or M7
From: jkoplen at mindspring.com (Julian Koplen)
Date: Mon Jan 3 06:30:35 2005

Although I have always used reflective meters, either in camera or not, I am
contemplating the purchase of an incident type, especially for use with
slide films.  Someone with experience correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems
to me that if you set your exposure "for the light", you will get a group of
slides of more uniform density, than if you did reflective metering and used
your judgment when compensation was needed.

With negative film, the discrepancies between the two systems can be
compensated in printing, but with slides, it seems the more consistent
densities would be an enhancement to slide shows.

Hence, I think I'll spring for one of the Digisix-like small meters that can
do incident measurements.  Do my assumptions about more constant slide
density with incidents work out that way in practice?

Julian