Subject: [Leica] Re: London challenge shoot
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Jan 1 15:19:53 2005

Tina:

> It seemed that this was such general
>knowledge among the NG photographers, that he didn't consider it a breach
>of confidence to talk about it.  That was the most telling part of the
>whole situation.

I certainly don't have first hand knowledge.  From my understanding, the
one-exposure-a-day was intended by Brandenburg just to be a personal
exercise.  His editors at NG saw what he was doing and suggested the book.

*If* that is true, then I'd think that Brandenburg would have little to gain
by faking the exercise but much to lose.  I remember reading someplace where
his photo lab also substantiated his claim.  I don't see what benefit they'd
get by lying for him.

The gossip you repeated sounds more like sour grapes to me.  Might just be
true.  Who knows?  Just keep in mind that you're passing around
unsubstantiated rumors that border on libelous.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Message from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] Re: London challenge shoot)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: London challenge shoot)