Subject: [Leica] Leica iiif black dial flash synchronization question
From: marc.osborne at gmail.com (Marc Osborne)
Date: Tue Dec 21 07:58:15 2004

Thank you everyone, especially Jim Nichols and Walker Smith. I
suspected I had a red dial IIIf but thought my eyes tricked me when I
occasionally noticed a red tinge to the numbers. I suppose time has
worn off the red paint to a very legible black but in a certainl light
some red specks seem to come through. The serial # is 618720 so that
further confirms it. Just to confuse me more my father had a IIIc
instruction manual.

Once again, thanks for the clarification. I will now proceed to annoy
my young children with electronic flash portraits:)