Subject: [Leica] WAS: Ice hockey shots, NOW: SAVING DIGITAL IMges:
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Mon Dec 20 21:16:50 2004

I no longer save to CD or DVD. CDs are too small and DVDs take too
long to write. It's a lot easier to mount a removable hard drive and
back up to those. I'm trying to force myself to properly keyword and
annote the images at the same time.

I feel comfortable that my operating system isn't going to scrounge my
hard drive, that it won't be infected by some virus or something.

I don't see CDs vanishing very quickly. Although you don't see many 8"
or 5.25" floppies you still see lots of of 3" out there. They are
everywhere, unlike the older removable media.

Adam