Subject: [Leica] WAS: Ice hockey shots, NOW: SAVING DIGITAL IMges:
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 20 10:08:20 2004

B. D. Colen offered:

> If I may interject two thoughts here -
> 1. After making that first cut - and after waiting - file ALL the negs;
> 2. Same goes for digital. Save EVERYTHING that is not grossly under or
> over exposed, blurred beyond hope, or similarly out of focus.
>
> If people would treat digital files with the same slavish respect they
> show their negatives, the future of digital images wouldn't be in doubt.
> Yes, you will have to update media and restore them from time to time.
> But so what. Just save the same things, and re-save them every so often.
> It's neither rocket science nor particularly heaving lifting.<<<<<<<

Tina Manley added:
>>That's why I never delete anything unless it is totally
unsalvageable.  Digital storage space is cheap!  Of course, I may never get
the time to go back and look at those in the "maybe" category, but at least
they'll be there if I want to review them from the nursing home in twenty
years or so!<<<<

Hi Tina & B.D.,
Hey folks I'm a slow learner. ;-) But your messages are ringing clearly
through the ear acoustic enhancers. Besides my grandson has now taught me
how to burn stuff to CD's quickly without a lot of fussing, so instead of
deleting secondary images to keep the hard drive cleaned off, now I can load
all the so-so 2nd cut photos to a CD for a look later.

And as you point out it's no big deal to burn another CD when time moves on.

thanks,
ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] WAS: Ice hockey shots, NOW: SAVING DIGITAL IMges:)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] Re:NOW: SAVING DIGITAL IMges:)