Subject: [Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Dec 20 07:00:09 2004

Peter Dzwig offered:

> I think that there is a fourth stage: reviewing the negs/scans after a
> "respectable" interval (your own definition) and realising that (maybe)
> one or two of the images that you threw out the first time has merits that
> you had previously missed.<<<<<,,

Hi peter,
This is truer than many think.  Recently while we re-organize and edit some
of the old shoot files .... like some from 40 years ago ;-) I've found
negs-contact sheets with frames that were never printed only to be
pleasantly surprised how they were 40 years ago and never printed. A couple
anyway. ;-)

So sometimes as you say, we should do first edit, then let the stuff sit for
awhile before completely discarding the negs. Then return for another look
on a different day in a different mood with sharper eyes. One does get
surprised as in... "How did I ever miss this?"

Makes a scary point about digital when one does a first cut edit and
"DELETES" a bunch never to have them to go back to another day ....... or
year! :-)

That's why in some cases "film is forever!" You always have negs. ;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open)
Message from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Ice hockey shots, wide open)