Subject: [Leica] New Yorker - Now literalism
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Wed Dec 15 09:53:54 2004

B.D.  OK.  Now I see where you're going.  Photographs are, or can be,
ambiguous, even if the objects in them aren't.  I agree.  The NY-er
article was about ambiguous objects, though, and I think that's a bit
different, at least to this literal-minded engineer, though I can see
how you might argue differently to make a point about photographic
ambiguity, if you consider the entire photo as the object.

I found Bill Clough's PAW at
http://www.leica-gallery.net/wccjr/folder-3723.html but I can't tell
which one is "Madison" though I think there are a couple in there
that might qualify.  I looked at the '02 pictures, too.

Thanks for bringing this up.  Apart from the interesting idea, it
pushed me to find the link.  There are a lot of great pictures there.

I'll have to come back to this later - I'm off to a meeting.