Subject: [Leica] Photo: Winter takes a shot at autumn's fading glory
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Dec 8 16:42:29 2004

Thank you for those shots, Douglas, I really appreciate them. I know
the 20D isn't the one. I need to shoot the long glass I bought from
Douglass Herr and it's a challenge to focus that with the R8 . . .
with the 10D or the 20D which is actually SMALLER in terms of the
pentaprism the accuracy isn't there. It needs the top of the line
system from the 1D.

I think that full-frame sensor and 16 MPixel at 14 bits is about what
I get out of film scanning with the Nikon CoolScan 4000ED. I'm going
to take some serious time tomorrow and really work the camera. I still
am not overly fond of Canon's ergonomics - the Digital R makes for
something much nicer to use - but I see a camera that is essentially a
film replacement for me and which will work on the R series lenses and
the fine Canon L glass. I mostly shoot in aperture priority or manual
on the 10D and the R so my workflow won't change a lot. I will use and
enjoy the autofocus on the L lenses.

So now I just have figure out what I'm gonna hock and make darn sure
that I feel good about focusing.

I'll know more tomorrow.

Adam