Subject: [Leica] Photo: Winter takes a shot at autumn's fading glory
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Wed Dec 8 15:53:09 2004

Hello Adam,
there is a similar problem with the 20D and the 300D (Rebel), must be the
pentamirror system. The colours are superb, though a little more DOF would
be
better, but not much. I think you ought to try the 20D though as a
comparison,
you may save a lot of cash, the quality is exceptional even in most extreme
situations. It got better points for image quality than the 1D mkII in most
camera tests in the German Press.
Take a look at these (if you haven't seen them already):
All with the 20D anf a Summicron_R 35/2 all with minimal post-processing
after
Raw->Tiff conversion, then resized as jpegs.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Bude_0005_RT8_copy  Full frame
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Bude_centre_RT8   centre crop
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Bude_left_RT8     right of frame
The new shot of Posy was taken with the same set-up at Iso equivalent 1600.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Posy_0007_RT8_copy    full frame
http://gallery.leica-users.org/TESTS/Posy_Centre_1600ASA   centre crop
cheers
Douglas