Subject: [Leica] OT: question for eBay sellers
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Sun Nov 28 01:21:27 2004

Brian Reid wrote:
> I'm preparing my 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Speed Graphic gear to sell on eBay.
>
> I'm an engineer, not a merchant, so I'll ask instead of guess:
>
> Am I likely to make more money if I sell each piece individually, or
> sell the whole thing as a kit? I'm selling everything you need to take
> and develop sheet film and 120 roll film photographs (camera,
> accessories, developing gear). I can make arguments in both directions;
> I thought I might ask if anybody had any actual experience with this
> sort of thing.

Separate.
But make sure the camera is not stripped down completely but offer it as
a working camera. A body alone seem to sell for less than a complete
working camera. Extra lenses etc. will make more money separate. Do
include the caps with the lenses. The market for a separate lens is
bigger because a lot of people already have the body and are not looking
for a huge kit from which they only need one item and have to sell the
rest again.

Michiel