Subject: [Leica] digital R question
From: schroter at optonline.net (schroter@optonline.net)
Date: Thu Nov 25 08:15:06 2004

I think people forget that for the R series and it's quality standards (from
R owner's perspective) that Leica had to wait for 10megapixel technology
before going Digital with the R Series.  Given the competitive situation
with other DSLRs, from a Time to Market standpoint the DMR was the fastest
way to get to Digital Support for the R series.

 I think it would have been a serious negative from a R Lens sales
perspective to wait for Fall 2005 to come out with an R Series Digital
Camera without anything in between.  I'd guess that the DDR will be in the
14mpixel range, which as I recall is where Leica believes digital image
quality equals analog quality. Of course, Hasselblad's purchase of Imacon
could throw a monkey wrench into the works.
Happy snaps,
Andy Schroter