Subject: [Leica] digital R question
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Fri Nov 26 12:49:02 2004

B. D. Colen rants in part:"

> To be perfectly frank, anyone who does accept lesser quality from Lecia is
> putting
> the lie to all the rhetoric about the importance of Leica quality and
> waiting for
> Leica digital so that they could get the best out of their Leica lenses.

I can honestly say that *most* of the Leica equipment I have purchased over
the years has been expensive, but very well made with optics second to none.
Of course, I actually do my research FIRST by reading reviews written by
real reviewers who have tested the equipment and KNOW of what they speak.
Reviews written by pompous, bitter old fools who pick up their poison pens
to post continuous invective and bile to enthusiasts lists in response to
every product announcement by specific manufacturers or review by
independent reviewers I find both amusing and Troll like!

Pavlov, if alive today, would surely recognize your posts as truly
Pavlovian! Pavlov rings a bell Fido salivates. Leica posts a product update
Colen rants and raves! F. Riper posts a review in the Washington Colen raves
and rants! Nothing informative or even new results; same old, same old!!

> No, I don't expect them to leapfrog Canon and all, but if, working
> withImacon, a leading manufacturer of 2 1/4 digital  backs, they
> can't at least match the high-end Canons and Nikons, they can't match the
> best
> digital 35s, they don't deserve to survive.

Interesting comment, in that it proves my point! Ha Ha!

> Waiting for them to fall flat on their faces? No. Expecting them to?
> I'll be pleasantly surprised if they don't, and I'll be happy for my
> friends who have waited for this project to reach completion.

Ho hum. If you can't post a factual statement, why not post a baseless
opinion or guess.

> What you really ought to ask yourself is why, other than enjoying
> watching Greg Lorenzo have a hissy fit, I'd care one way or
> another how this or any other Leica project turns out.
> After all, my name isn't Leitz; I don't own stock in the company; I have no
> connection to companies that are competing with Leica.

I don't think they'd have you. I seriously doubt any company that became
aware of your inane "Agenda" and antics on the list is looking for someone
to represent them in any capacity other than representative "Fool" at the
Annual Village Fool convention!

> Frankly, Feli, I am simply an owner and user of Leica M equipment who is
> observing
> this drama play out.

When did you last use your Leica equipment since you posted sometime ago
that you didn't use your Leica equipment anymore? After all you have that
wonderful Olympus stuff they flipped you a dime to shill!

> Unlike a number of you, I have absolutely no emotional investment
> in the outcome - one way or the other. I just find all the nonsensical
> heated comments about it amusing.

Keep posting to the list, you can die laughing

Replies: Reply from corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst) ([Leica] B.D. & Greg)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] digital R question)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] digital R question)