Subject: [Leica] Interesting MP
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Nov 22 07:03:10 2004

Okay, so lift the baby out of the case, fire it off at all shutter
speeds, and put it back in the case. ;-)

As everyone knows, I am not a collector, don't consider collecting
photography or a branch of photography, and consider most of what passes
for collecting to be nothing more than acquiring. But at the same time,
I certainly believe in preserving meaningful examples of mass produced
products -which, as I said, might mean the first of each model
rangefinder camera Leica produced. What it doesn't mean is M4-2 #306
because it's a "low number." So what? There have to be low numbers, and
high numbers, but they don't tell us anything meaningful about the
history of the product's development.

B. D.