Subject: [Leica] Digilux 2 - wait for 8mp???
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Fri Nov 19 06:27:07 2004

Derek,

Do not be too hung up on pixel count. 5 MP is enough to get a quality
8x10 print if the image is properly exposed so that it does not need
too many PS heroics. When too many pixels are packed on a tiny sensor,
you run a much higher risk of noise at any ISO settings higher than
200. If I were looking for a P&S digicam, I would prefer one of the
older 5 MP models than the latest 8 MP ones.

There are reasons for liking or not liking the Digilux 2 but the pixel
count is not one of them.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands