Subject: [Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or Spherical...Some nonsense
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (buzz.hausner@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 19 06:24:37 2004

I must demur.  To call the spherical 35mm Summicron "aberation laden fuzz
wide open" is utter nonsense.  No, this lens is not as sharp wide open as
the aspherical expression, but wide open it is still capable of producing
very fine images.  It's bokeh is justifiably famous and, I believe, is a
result of having twelve diaphragm blades as opposed to the ten blades used
(as an economy measure?) in the spherical vaersion.

Buzz Hausner

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or Spherical...Some nonsense)
Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or Spherical...Some nonsense)
Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or Spherical...Some nonsense)