Subject: [Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or Spherical...Some nonsense
From: buzz.hausner at verizon.net (buzz.hausner@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Nov 19 07:23:31 2004

This may require an appology from me.  Is the fourth version to which you
refer the last 35 Summicron prior to the aspherical?  I am not much of a
gear-head and do not keep track of lens versions, et cetera.  The only 35
Summicrons on which I am qualified to comment are the LAST spherical version
and the aspherical.  The last spherical is a very fine lens, even wide open,
and does exhibit exceptional bokeh.  If the "fourth version" is not this
lens, then I appologize for calling the usually redoubtable John Collier's
comments "nonsense."

Buzz Hausner

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] 35mm normal vs. ASPH or Spherical...Some nonsense)