Subject: [Leica] Yet Another Sign of the Times
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sun Nov 14 16:56:16 2004

Funny thing, the one group that has been traditionally immune to social
upheavals is law enforcement. While individuals within it have sometimes
been forced to address excesses, the structures themselves survived
relatively unscathed
Tzarism to Bolshevism, the police kept its job. Interpol as a unit of the
Gestapo, never skipped a beat during the war, and never formally de-nazified
after the war. Latin America and South Africa are other cases, with their
reconciliation commissions. They are more like police rehabilitation show
trials.
S. Dimitrov