Subject: [Leica] DMR: Hands on
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Nov 12 01:07:11 2004

On 11/12/04 12:55 AM, "Frank Dernie" <Frank.Dernie@btinternet.com> typed:

> I think you are right Mark,
> Engineering a digital removable back for a film camera will have been a
> VERY expensive and difficult thing to do mechanically. I take my hat
> off to Leica for doing it. I expect any subsequent digital SLR will be
> a complete camera, and much easier to do.
> My hopes for the digital M plummeted following the physical
> implications of Henning's experiences with the Epson. I hope I am not
> being too pessimistic.
> Frank

Frank we've heard a whole lot of positive stuff about that camera since.
Tom Abrahamson loved it and so did the friends he leant it too who were many
and exuberant.
Went over big at the Williamsburg meeting.
Mark Davison seemed very positive on it.
Not without criticisms.

Don't know what DMR means.

Mark Rabiner
Photography