Subject: [Leica] DMR: Hands on
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Nov 12 10:32:30 2004

Well it seemed to me that the fact that the completely different amount
of vignetting by the CV and Leica 21mm lenses suggested that the
vignetting  was due to the lens geometry as much as the focal length.
If this is the case then the supplied correction software will correct
for the lens it is meant to, but not necessarily any other of the same
focal length but different exit pupil position, for example. That means
if I bought one I could correct for errors due to a Voigtlander 21mm,
which I don't own, but not a Leica 21mm which I do own.
I had intended to buy one but now I have cold feet! I guess it is fine
if all your lenses are the CV ones.
The other concern i have with correction of this type is that I can
only see how it can take place at the expense of dynamic range.
Frank