Subject: [Leica] DMR: Hands on
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Nov 12 00:54:48 2004

I think you are right Mark,
Engineering a digital removable back for a film camera will have been a
VERY expensive and difficult thing to do mechanically. I take my hat
off to Leica for doing it. I expect any subsequent digital SLR will be
a complete camera, and much easier to do.
My hopes for the digital M plummeted following the physical
implications of Henning's experiences with the Epson. I hope I am not
being too pessimistic.
Frank