Subject: [Leica] Re: Early in the morning
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Nov 10 15:11:20 2004

F?lix L?pez de Maturana showed:

> Last weekend I was awaked up early in the morning for my wife that advised
> me about the nice morning lights from our seaside house balcony. She was,
> as
> always, absolutely right so  I looked for my camera and got some pictures
> of
> the rising sun morning lights. I wish to share with all of you adding
> these
> lights of the morning to the falling lights of the evening of the other
> picture, from the same place, in my photonet site.
>
> http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=2870085<<<<<<<<<<

Hi Felix,
Very well done mon ami! And points up once again my philosophy of " the
early shooter gets the best early pictures!"  :-)

If you wish to capture different moments in life of the city or anywhere in
the world, without question it's  ..... get up before the masses and watch
the sun bring life and light to the world where you are.

I hear folks say when I ask "how did you make out with your pictures?" They
so often respond with " naw there wasn't anything worth while to shoot!"
Then I ask, at what time did you get up?  They'll usually reply, "oh about
10 or so before I put a foot on the floor!" ;-)  And right there is the
reason why "naw there wasn't anything worth while to shoot!" :-(

The earlier morning is such a wonderful time to make / take pictures,
streets are devoid of the masses of people and traffic, he rising sun and
spin of soft gentle light is absolutely beautiful for shooting with and
catching moments that just aren't there during the rest of the day.

If you want pictures that turn people into cooing and drooling accolades of
your style, incredible ability as a photographer, it`s very simple!
.................. Go out and shoot in the morning when the rest of the
world around you is still warmly ensconced in their bed! Trust me it works
99.9% of the time. :-) However, it helps if you are a morning person and
have an automatic alarm clock between 5- 5.30 a.m. ;-)

I do have and used it to great advantage over the years.

So once again, well done and you should thank your good wife for waking you
to get out and get cracking with the camera! :-)

ted