Subject: [Leica] ages and languages
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue Nov 9 18:19:13 2004

Jean,

I don't want to impose on Mehrdad's project, and I don't know what he plans
to do with his analysis.  However, since I am retired and have the time to
ponder the same question, I copied the "age" responses on a legal pad and
did some simple math.  I have not looked at the "language" question because
I have nothing of interest to contribute to it, and the responses I've seen
on the LUG would require a spreadsheet analysis to do them justice.

Of the 96 "age" respondents, 94 are men and 2 are ladies, from what I can
make of the names.  If this is not correct, someone can correct me.  The
average ages, by group, are as follows:

Total Group:  51.2
Men:              51.3
Ladies:           48.5

Yes, I solved Karen's riddle by going to her own website to research the
Spotmatic.

In defense of the "mid-thirties' response, my wife informs me that it can
take a woman 10 years to go from 39 to 40.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA