Subject: [Leica] Re: Titanium lenses: Summicron ASPH low production
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Nov 7 22:09:48 2004

There is a tiny weight advantage. Other than that, as an engineering
material, titanium is an extravagant choice for camera or lens bodies.
I would expect the focusing helix is not titanium because it has a high
friction coefficient, so high that a titanium on titanium threaded
junction can not be tightened.
Frank