Subject: [Leica] Re: Titanium lenses: Summicron ASPH low production
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Nov 7 22:23:37 2004

The WA aspherics have one aspheric surface. This surface is pressed
using a technology developed by Hoya and Leica according to Erwin. It
is generally the first surface after the aperture. I don't know which
surface is aspheric in the new 50 or 90AA. The tri-elmar has more than
one aspheric surface. Just what I have read.
Frank